Friday, March 18, 2011

Submit an Ad

Hello, readers! Lately, many of you have been approaching me in the street and sending me large amounts of email. You all say "Dan, we can already see the changes in our lives thanks to your blog!" Indeed, many of you are already becoming discerning consumers with a keen eye for terrible advertising. I could not be more excited about this!

Now that so many of you are out there using your marketing insights to rip apart terrible ads, I'm getting more and more recommendations on ads and commercials to feature in Advertisements Explained. However, other than stalking me at my home or flooding my inbox with suggestions, there hasn't been an easy way to contact me and suggest an ad for the blog. Just look at this reader trying to suggest an ad last week:



Well, no longer! Today, I'm proud to announce a new feature on Advertisements Explained: the Submit an Ad page! Just click on the Submit an Ad tab above to have your voice heard here at the Advertisements Explained offices.

Did you see a terrible advertisement that you think I should feature? Tell me about it! Maybe you'd like to see a new feature on the blog, like some pop up ads or flashing lights. Or maybe you'd like to apply for our competitive summer internship.* Either way, the Submit an Ad page gives you the opportunity to contribute to the great work we're doing here.

Also, as an added bonus, one reader submission will be chosen each month as our Reader Ad of the Month! Not only will your submission be forever cemented in the Advertisements Explained archives, but your name and blog address will be viewed by thousands† of readers worldwide. Eternal fame and glory will be yours!

I'm looking forward to reading your submissions, so keep your discerning eye peeled for terrible ads, and use the Submit an Ad page often!

*Now accepting applications. 2.8 GPA required, must provide own transportation. Must be good at not fucking up Starbucks orders and getting pizzas. Owning your own X-box 360 controller preferred.

†Actual number of readers may vary.

4 comments:

  1. Really? A 2.8 cutoff? That's a little low, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm not trying to cater to grade-grubbing Honors students here. It takes a lot more than looking good on paper to cut it at Advertisements Explained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fucking up the Starbucks is the main factor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we might have a front-runner!!

    ReplyDelete